These overnight oats are a delicious fall breakfast, with crisp apples, cinnamon spice, and almond milk. These oats are sweetened with maple syrup and packed with fall flavors. They are also easy to prepare.
The comforting and delicious foods are what I look forward to most about fall. I have made everything from Vegan Apple Pie Bars to my Classic Apple Pie this autumn. Apple pie overnight oats are my newest obsession. They are packed with all of my favorite fall flavours and are an easy and energizing start to the day.
One of my favorite breakfasts is overnight oats. These oats are fast, easy and full of healthy ingredients. This apple cinnamon overnight oatmeal recipe is like apple pie, but in a jar. It's made with tart, fresh apples, maple syrup and cinnamon that's warm, as well as creamy almond milk. This 5-ingredient breakfast is a must-try!
Apple Pie overnight oats are a great breakfast option.
You'll love how the flavors combine, whether you eat them cold or warm. This is why I'm sure you'll love this recipe just as much as I did.
- It's so easy. It doesn't get any easier than overnight apple cinnamon oats. You just need to mix the ingredients, put them in a jar and place it in the refrigerator. It's so easy!
- Affordable. I am always looking for quick, tasty, and affordable breakfasts. Apple pie overnight oats are made with only 5 ingredients. They're pantry and refrigerator staples you likely already have. Even a few homemade breakfasts add up. This recipe is very affordable.
- Prep ahead. You can prepare a week of breakfasts on Sunday. These vegan overnight oatmeals will last for five days in the refrigerator. You won't need to prepare breakfast in the morning.
- Fall flavors. These apple pie overnight oatmeal are full of the comforting flavors of autumn. This recipe tastes like an apple pie thanks to the crisp apples, maple syrup and cinnamon.
Notes on Ingredients
This rich and creamy recipe for overnight oats with apple pie only requires 5 ingredients. Scroll down to the recipe card to see the exact quantities of each ingredient.
- Almond Milk- It is recommended that you use unsweetened, unflavored almond milk.
- Old-fashioned Oats -- This recipe is only for old-fashioned oats.
- Maple Syrup You can also use Agave.
- Apple - You can choose any apple variety. However, I prefer a slightly tart apple for this recipe.
- Ground cinnamon
How to make Apple Pie Overnight Oats
This super-quick vegan apple pie overnight oatmeal recipe is easy to prepare. It takes only a few moments!
- Add the ingredients. Add all ingredients to a jar.
- Mix. Stir the ingredients with a spoon until they are well combined.
- Chill. Place the jar in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve. You can eat them straight from the jar when you are ready to eat breakfast or microwave the oats for 45 seconds. If you like, you can top the oats with additional apples and cinnamon.
Topping & Variation Ideas
You can make this recipe as it is or you can add fun flavors to the top. Here are some of the toppings and alterations that I would recommend.
- Use other fresh fruit. Peaches or pears can be used in addition or instead of apples.
- Fresh berries. Fresh berries. I like to top my cinnamon and maple overnight oatmeal with fresh blueberries or blackberries.
- Dried fruit. Apples and cinnamon go well with dried fruits like apricots, cranberries and cherries.
- Nuts. Nuts. You can add nuts directly to the overnight oats. However, my favorite way is to top them with nuts. My favorite nuts for this recipe are toasted pecans or walnuts.
- Toasted Coconut Coconut is a buttery, sweet ingredient that pairs well with breakfasts and desserts for fall. It is a delicious topping for overnight oats with apple pie.
- Add more spices. You can also add pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice to this recipe to intensify the fall flavors. You can use other spices such as cloves, nutmeg and ginger.
- Use a different milk. You can make vegan overnight oats with oat or soy milk.
- Honey. Honey or agave can be used if you do not want maple syrup's strong flavor.
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats: Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips to make this recipe foolproof.
- Use firm apples. This recipe does not require cooking, so it is important to use firm apple. Soft or mushy apple will fall apart and have a bad texture if you use them.
- Cut all your apple pieces in the same size. Cut all your apple pieces to the same size. As the apples steep in almond milk, they will become softer. If the pieces of apple are cut differently, some will be too soft, and others will be too crunch.
- Store in a wide mouth jar. Mason jars are what I use to store and make my overnight apple pie oats. If you plan to eat your oats right out of the jar then it is important to choose a jar that has a wide opening. Mason jars with a narrow mouth are very difficult to eat from!
How long do overnight oats last?
These creamy apple cinnamon overnight oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Can I freeze overnight oats?
You can freeze the vegan apple pie overnight oatmeal. As long as you store them in an airtight container, they will last 3 months. To make the oats extra airtight, I suggest pressing a piece plastic wrap onto the top before you put the lid on. This will prevent freezer burn. The overnight oats should also be placed in the refrigerator overnight before being moved to the freezer. The overnight oats can be thawed in the refrigerator.
Vegan Breakfast Ideas
You've found the right place if you want to find more delicious and easy vegan breakfast recipes. Here are a few more of my favorite breakfasts that use plant-based ingredients.
- Vegan Waffles
- Vegan Lemon Poppyseed muffins
- Vegan Pancakes
- Vegan Breakfast Peach Cobbler
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Baked Oats
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- 1/2 a cup a non-dairy alternative a cup of soymilk for an extra dose of protein
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan yogurt vegan greek yogurt or regular either is fine
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- to garnish fresh apples with cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a glass jar.
Place the oats into the refrigerator overnight.
If you are ready to eat, take the oats out of the fridge, and eat them cold straight from the jar. Or, reheat the oats in the microwave on high for 45 seconds or until they're heated. Add optional cinnamon and fresh apples.
- Use 3 tablespoons vegan yogurt if you prefer your overnight oats extra cream!
- In an airtight container, overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Apple pie overnight oats can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Jessica in the Kitchen published the post Apple Pie Overnight Oats first.By: Jessica Hylton
Title: Apple Pie Overnight Oats
Sourced From: jessicainthekitchen.com/apple-cinnamon-overnight-oats/
Published Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 05:00:00 +0000
Welcome to Paleovsketo.com, the trusted source for up-to-date knowledge on lifestyle nutrition! In this ever changing world where new diet trends are popping up left and right, we understand how hard it is to know what's best for you and your body. That's why here at Paleovsketo.com we offer reliable strategies for feeling - and looking - your absolute best with evidence based advice on diets such as paleo, keto, plant-based, mediterranean diets and intermittent fasting.
But it doesn't stop there - It's much more than just diets. We invite you to take part in our journey by sharing your stories and delicious recipes with our community so we can educate, inspire and empower each other to revolutionize how we think about healthy eating. With confidence, grace and integrity let’s work together towards healthy living.
Are you ready to embark on this exciting journey of health? Send us an email at [email protected] today! We look forward to working with you soon on creating a healthier tomorrow. Join us now in our mission of embracing healthier living through education, inspiration and empowerment!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make muscle using a plant based diet?
Yes, it is possible to build muscle on a plant-based diet. You don't have to eat vegetarian food to build muscle. It just means that the type of food you eat will determine how strong and large your muscles can become. Plant-based diets could include legumes, lentils, peas, doves, seitan and nuts. They may also include high-protein foods such a legume, peas, beans, lentils, and peas. A properly balanced, plant-based diet will help you reach your fitness goals. It can also be combined with regular exercise and proper nutrition. It is important to prioritize whole food sources over processed foods that are full of harmful additives or preservatives. In order to achieve consistent gains, adequate protein intake is vital. For this reason, include foods like quinoa and flaxseed butter in your daily meal plan. A nutritionist who specializes on plant-based nutrition can be a great resource, no matter what your goal is.
What are some good sources of protein for a plant-based diet.
A plant-based diet is rich in protein. These include legumes like beans, chickpeas, and chickpeas. Many of these plant proteins also contain fiber. Adding omega-3 fatty acids in things like flaxseeds, chia seeds, walnuts, or hemp seeds can help balance nutrient levels on a plant-based diet.
How Can a Plant-Based Diet Boost Your Health?
A plant-based lifestyle can offer many health benefits. The risk of developing heart disease, diabetes or stroke is lower if you eat more plants than animals. Plant-based diets provide vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, as well as other beneficial compounds that help to protect against inflammation, oxidative damages, and other diseases. Eating plenty of fruit, vegetables, beans, and legumes has been proven beneficial due to the presence of dietary fiber, which feeds gut bacteria and helps maintain digestive health. Saturated fats in plant-based meal plans can be reduced, which could help to lower cholesterol levels. Studies show that a plant based diet may reduce anxiety and depression symptoms. Long-term satisfaction can be achieved by consuming a mixture of plant-based proteins as well as healthy fats like avocados and nuts.
Can a plant based diet reduce the chance of developing chronic diseases?
A plant-based diet is becoming more popular because of its many health and environmental benefits. It involves eating mainly fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts, as well as reducing or eliminating animal proteins such meat or dairy products. Plant-based diets have many advantages, including better heart health, digestive health benefits and increased energy levels. They also offer potential environmental protection. It is possible to get sufficient protein by following a plant based diet.
- A study found that livestock provides just 18 percent of calories consumed globally but takes up 83 percent of farmland. (forksoverknives.com)
- Another found that following a diet rich in plant foods and lower in animal foods was associated with a 16 percent lower risk of cardiovascular disease and a 31 to 32 percent lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease. (everydayhealth.com)
- PubMed: Deteriorating beta cell function in type 2 Diabetes: A long-term model
- A Plant-Based Dietary Intervention Improves Beta-Cell Function and Insulin Resistance in Overweight Adults: A 16-Week Randomized Clinical Trial - PubMed
- A case-control study to examine the association between breast cancer risk and plant-based diets
- The carbon cost of land-based animal-sourced foodstuff production
How do you navigate social situations when eating a plant-based diet
Moving to a plant-based diet requires you to navigate social situations such as dining out with friends. You can be sure to maintain your chosen diet while enjoying delicious meals. Confirm the restaurant options beforehand - some places are more vegan-friendly than others - opting for cuisines like Indian and Japanese can give vegetarians multiple alternatives.
If you are able to order at the venue that is suitable for vegans please have a friendly conversation with your friends and family about the food you prefer. This will prevent awkward questions or confusions regarding your dietary restrictions. Have faith in the chef by trusting their judgment when crafting vegan dishes; chat with them if necessary so that they can better understand how to accommodate your needs best.
Make sure you are stocked up on healthy snacks and beverages that don't contain animal products before attending events. Your non-vegan relatives will soon be able to adopt a vegan diet. It is important to recognize the small gestures they make regarding a plant-based diet.
Although it may be challenging at first, it is possible to manage social situations while adhering to a vegan lifestyle. It becomes second-nature over time. So start small and have faith!
Full Episode coming soon...
Interview with Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn Reversing Heart Disease with Plant based Diet
Chili using walnuts, this was amazing!! FOLLOW ME: IG: @Natural_veganchef
Everyone Can Do This! Visit For more info on the VeganStrong team visit and Subscribe to their channels here: @veganstrongteam4935 @plantbuilt
In this video, I show exactly how I make a delicious raw cruciferous salad, compliant with Dr. Brooke Goldner Goodbye Lupus protocol, in addition to a RAW
For episode 7 we sat down with Four-Time NBA Champion and Wellness Master John Salley. John breaks down a lot of info in this episode for both vegans and
No one food can reduce your risk for cancer, but there is an overall diet that can. Learn what it means to eat a plant-based diet and see all the ways it can
The Veganuary Story! Founders Matthew Glover and Jane Land look back over 10 years of Veganuary, with team members and celebrity ambassadors including
Nutritionist & podcast host Simon Hill joins Rich to bust diet myths & prove why a plant-based diet is optimal for human and planetary health. To peruse the
If there were ever a creamy potato dish worth making, it is this one. It’s similar to scalloped potatoes, but better, in my opinion. It comes together…The post
GET MY FREE INSTANT POT COOKBOOK: MY LATEST BESTSELLING BOOK: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- […]
Find out who our judges selected as this year's winners, finalists and commended entries. Watch the full winners ceremony live stream on our social media
Can we talk about how beautiful those rainbow carrots are?! You are looking good today, carrots. This stunning roasted carrot dish features warm whole grains,
Following a plant-based diet (think vegan, vegetarian, or even flexitarian) is associated with a bevy of potential health benefits. That includes a lower risk
Somehow, November is here and it already feels like winter outside. Grace went trick or treating for the first time yesterday in her Minnie Mouse costume.
Have you tried a ranch water cocktail? If not, let me introduce you! Essentially a tall tequila soda with extra lime, the ranch water is more than…The post
Make this spinach salad recipe to serve with your favorite main dishes! This fresh spinach salad features seasonal fruit, creamy goat cheese, toasted pecans,
Appe Recipe | Paddu (Traditional Recipe)It is true that the versatility of a rice-lentil batter, typical of South Indian cuisine, can be used to create a
Creamy and fluffy olive oil mashed potatoes are naturally vegan and perfect as a dairy-free side dish. No milk is needed in this flavourful mash with roasted
Instant Pot Rice Pudding RecipeCreamy, cozy, and super comforting, this recipe for old-fashioned Rice Pudding is made in a jiffy using the Instant Pot. With
Fruit Biscuits (Tutti Frutti Cookies)I’m going to give you a few reasons as to why you should make cookies – they are versatile, customizable, a perfect snack
Chutney Sandwich RecipeGot the ingredients for a delish green chutney and some bread slices at home? How about you bring them together and make this super
Veg Puff Recipe | Indian Curry PuffA lot has been said, in fact argued, on how there’s a difference of skills required for baking versus simple cooking. I
Ready within an hour, this sweet potato kale salad with crispy chickpeas and pickled red...The post Kale Sweet Potato Salad with Crispy Chickpeas, Pickled Red
Who doesn't love a good brownie? They're chocolatey, gooey, and always hit the spot. But have you ever tried tahini brownies? It may sound a bit unconventional,
This coffee smoothie recipe is perfect for busy mornings. You know those days when you have time to make a cup of coffee or a healthy breakfast…but not both?
Choosing more plant-based foods can help you eat a healthier diet. A Heart & Stroke dietitian explains how.
I’ll never forget the first time I tried falafel. Stuffed into pita bread with fresh herbs, crisp veggies, and a big slather of hummus, it was crispy, rich,
These Caramel Apple Empanadas are the ultimate Fall treat! Fresh apples, cinnamon-sugar, and caramel are all wrapped up in a flaky pie crust for a totally
Find over 15 vegan butternut squash recipes in this roundup with options ranging from soup, rich pasta, healthy bowls, roasts, salads & more!The post 15 Vegan
If you're looking for a tasty and healthy breakfast or snack, these banana cranberry muffins are the perfect choice. They're packed with fresh bananas and
These stuffed peppers deserve a spot in your dinner rotation! They’re the perfect combination of comforting and fresh, filled with a delicious blend of rice
If you're looking for a tasty and healthy breakfast or snack, these banana cranberry muffins are the perfect choice. They're packed with fresh bananas and
One of the most powerful steps you can take to improve your health is to move to a plant-based diet. We have everything you need to know to get started here
This keto cauliflower mac and cheese is not only a culinary delight, but also a perfect choice for those following a low-carb diet. Imagine the cauliflower
Roasted vegan butternut squash soup with apples and pecans is creamy and silky without coconut milk! Ginger, garlic & chili makes it so tastyThe post Roasted
Effortlessly organize your kitchen with these Kitchen Labels Template! Personalized and editable container jar labels for spices and pantry items. Instant
This mango smoothie recipe is like sunshine in a glass! It’s cool and creamy, with a sweet, tangy tropical flavor and the cheeriest color around. It tastes
Good healthy lunch ideas are like gold. In the middle of a busy work day, lunch is the longest break I take. It’s a time to reset, relax, and re-energize to
This warm spiced and clumpy apple cinnamon granola is slow-baked with maple syrup, coconut oil, almond butter, pecans & crunchy apple chips.The post Clumpy
Whether you’re considering eating less meat or giving it up entirely.
Apple pancakes: two words that evoke memories of home and comforting aromas. Imagine pieces of caramelized apples dressed over warm fluffy pancakes, ready to
Explore these actionable tips on what helps with digestion and learn how to enhance gut health and promote overall well-being. Digestion is a fundamental
Looking for guidance on how to make the transition to vegetarian? This article offers invaluable tips to guide you through a smooth and fulfilling shift So,
Sun-kissed tomatoes and a crusty baguette pair up for some magic in this simple Panzanella Salad. It's quick, easy, and packed with Italian inspired flavor -
Craving a warm cinnamon roll, but don't have hours to spend in the kitchen? Enter this Vegan Cinnamon Roll in a Mug. You can whip up a warm, gooey cinnamon bun
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy vegan dinner idea? Look no further than this vegan zucchini lasagna. It's light, healthy, and bursting with flavor
Columbia and NYP nutritionist Sabrina Toledano explains the benefits of a plant-based diet and how to get started.
Get ready to experience the magic of vegan apple honey! It’s a vegan friendly alternative to traditional honey that’s simple, delicious, and easy to make with
These Chipotle black bean burgers are my new favorite vegan burger. They are a meatless burger made with black beans, diced onions, carrots, celery, and
If you are new to plant based eating or looking for a new recipe to try out, give this vegan walnut taco meat for your next dinner. This walnut taco meat is
Hint: Your energy levels, gut microbiome, and environmental impact all win big.